Debonné Vineyards estate grown European-style vitis vinifera includes: Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and more.
Ohio’s cool climate is similar to many European, Australian and even northern California regions. Our premium wines produced in this environment have full fruit flavors, but slightly higher acidity resulting in a clean and crisp finish.
- Pinot Gris: dry white, aromas of vanilla, apples, hazelnuts and a hint of floral; light, crisp acidity and spicy flavors.
- Chardonnay: dry white, “unoaked” but cold fermentation enhances the aromas and taste. Light green apple and butterscotch with a hint of citrus in the finish.
- Chardonnay (Reserve): dry white, barrel fermented and aging in toasted oak create the butterscotch aromas and complex, soft flavors of butter and vanilla.
- Pinot Noir/Syrah: dry red with powerful blackberry aromas combine superbly with coffee-vanilla and tobacco leaf. The flavor is subtle, balanced with the delicate finish of a mature wine.
- Merlot: intense, dry red with lightly herbaceous, smokey aromas and black cherry flavors enhaced by barrel aging. Full bodied and complex; moderate tannin.
- Cabernet Franc: dry red, medium/full body with aromas of black pepper, oak and spice. Rich flavors of black cherry and oak with medium tannins.
- á Cab: dry red, a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Chambourcin. Full bodied wine, oak aged, with aromas of blackberry, and bell pepper, blended from some of the red varities becoming famous in the Lake Erie wine district.
- Cab/Cab: dry red, a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Syrah. Flavors of wild berries and spice, and ends with a soft velvety finish.
- Chambourcin: medium bodied, dry red wine with complex, smokey, sweet black cherry aromas. Barrel aging adds softness and light oak flavors.
- Grand Dolina: off-dry, medium bodied red; blend of French hybrid grapes, light oak balanced with fruit.
- Harmony: off-dry blush, blend of Chardonnay, Merlot and Riesling. Some cherry and spice in the nose. A full bodied wine with cherry flavors and soft tannins.
- Riesling: light-dry white, cold fermented, light spice, peach/apricot aromas and flavors that linger in the after taste. .
- Riesling (Reserve): semi-sweet white, rich peach, apricot and floral aromas and flavors accented by a balance of sweetness and acidity. 3% residual sugar.
- Razzberry Riesling: semi-dry wine, delicate raspberry aroma followed by fruity, lightly sweet, raspberry and Riesling flavors.
- Jazz White: off-dry white, a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Riesling. Refreshing and light with aromas of apple, pear, lemon-lime and roasted nuts.
- Grand Bélo: A magnificent blend of Seyval and barrel fermented Vidal. Cold fermented to produce aromas of pear and butter. It finishes with flavors of grapefruit and pear follwed by a balance of sweetness and acidity.
- Vidal Blanc: semi-sweet white, aromas of tangerine and pear with a light flowery character. Flavors of ripe peaches with a dedlicate sweetness. 3% residual sugar.
- Ice Wine: sweet dessert white wine, our ice wines follow European rules of production and are naturally frozen on the vine and pressed frozen. This very sweet wine is a regional specialty.